Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Frankly speaking

I recently read the book Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankl and enjoyed it very much. Unlike other holocaust books such as MausThe Pianist, or Night, Man's Search for Meaning described what his experiences were in a much more graphic way. I think that that is what I liked about the book. When I read Maus, the Pianist, and Night but I felt that they were more for children as they told the stories of the author's lives but didn't descrbe it and cencored out what life was really like. Dr. Frankl wrote whatever he was thinking and didn't spare very many details such as when he talked about the jews turning on eachother such as when they took eachother's clothes or resorted to cannbalism, I hadn't heard of that before and it surprised me.

No comments:

Post a Comment