Saturday, March 9, 2013

Intigration

Even though many families say that they want everyone to be equal and want everyone to get along, I have learned from personal experiences that this is, at least subconsciously, not true. My family and their friends are almost all white and want their kids to go to a white school or want to live in a white neighborhood. I am not trying to say that they are racist. When these people are out in the streets they have no problem meeting or befriending people of different races. They are just not comfortable with being a minority. These fears that they heave probably come from stories that they heard, and even if they aren't true have been passed down to me.

From what I have seen in the news and from what I have been told, most people don't want to integrate. I'm fine with that. I feel that it is wrong to try and force people to get intigrated. If groups of people are forced to get intigrated, they will still have resentment for the group that they now have to live with. In order to be truly integrated, people will have to reach out by their own will.

No comments:

Post a Comment