Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What I thought about the ending of 'The Road' (project 2)

     I was kind of upset with the ending of The Road but was satisfied at the same time. At the end of the book, the father gets shot with an arrow and ends up dying on the side of the road after telling his son to continue living, carry the fire, and find some other good people to travel with. soon after the boy is on the road, a man comes up from behind him and basically says that he had been following the son and wants to look after him.
     I was upset with the ending because by this time in the book, I kind of felt the love that the father and son had for each other. I just didn't want the father to die there because I wanted both the father and son to find a group of people to settle down with and be happy.
     While I wasn't happy with the father dying, I felt that it was acceptable. the father's job was to keep he son alive and give him hope. I think that he did a very good job of that. He passed on the fire giving the kid hope and a purpose to stay alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment